Stem Cell Registry
- DivisionIntractable Diseases
detail content area
- Human embryonic stem cell line is a product of embryo research
- To remove the obstacles originated from doubts about stem cell lines
- To stimulate stem cell research by providing information about stem cell lines and finally by running stem cell bank
- Started from 2007 by Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Integrated in the revised Bioethics & Safety Act (Feb. 1, 2012 revision of a part)
- Enforced from Jan 1, 2010
Registration of Stem Cell Lines
- Anyone who has established or imported stem cell lines shall register those lines to the Ministry of Health and Welfare (CDC/NIH) before he/she provides them or uses them.
- Stem cell lines should be registered are human embryonic stem cell lines established from spare embryo, SCNT or parthenogenesis.